Commuting Solutions’ Workplace Commute Ambassadors (WCA) program was created several years ago to bring together like-minded individuals whose passion was finding sustainable commuting options for their employers. Currently, there are more than 70 members within the program.
What is the Workplace Commute Ambassadors Network?
The Workplace Commute Ambassadors (WCA) network helps employees in the Denver northwest region to encourage their coworkers to choose sustainable transportation options including capooling, riding public transit, bicycling, vanpooling, teleworking and walking.
The role of a Workplace Commute Ambassador varies in each organization and depends how colleagues currently commute and what commuting options are available.
Commuting Solutions works with its Ambassadors to understand the transportation options, and what may work best.
What type of information do Workplace Commute Ambassadors receive?
Workplace Commute Ambassadors receive the following types of information:
- Resources on commuting options
- Employee commute surveys
- RTD Pass consultations
- Exclusive access to events
- Carpool and vanpool matching assistance
- Telework consultations
- Access to newsletters and emails
What are some objectives for Workplace Commute Ambassadors?
Objectives for the Workplace Commute Ambassadors include:
- Reducing the number of trips of single-occupancy vehicles (SOVs)
- Educating coworkers on their travel choices
- Inspiring coworkers to use sustainable transportation options
- Setting realistic goals in the workplace to measure effectiveness
What are benefits to employers having an employee as a Workplace Commute Ambassador?
There are multiple benefits employers can receive from having an employee in the Workplace Commute Ambassador program. Some benefits include:
- A demonstrated commitment to improve the quality of life in the community
- An increase in employee productivity due to reduced stress and less delays associated with commuting difficulties
- Attraction of skilled employees by increasing access to a regional workforce
- Higher retention rates and improved morale due to increased transportation benefits
- Enhanced company facilities and increased property values through reduced amount of building space devoted to non-productive parking usage
- Reduced overhead costs associated with company parking expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Reduced congestion around work site and improved neighborhood relations.
What are benefits for employees who participate in the Workplace Commute Ambassador program?
- Reduced out-of-pocket commuting costs, such as parking, gas, maintenance, and insurance.
- Cost savings due to extended car life, which reduces the hidden commuting costs associated with wear and-tear, depreciation, and the financing of a new or used vehicle.
- A more convenient and comfortable commute by avoiding the hassles of driving alone which leads to reduced stress and high productivity.
- Increased compatibility of work and personal life through flexible work hours, teleworking, ridesharing, and/or a combinations of these programs.
- Improved health and fitness.
Is there someone to contact about the Workplace Commute Ambassador program?
Yes! Email Cathi Wielgus, Programs & Outreach Specialist about the Workplace Commute Ambassador Program at email@example.com.