Marketing Communications Intern
About Commuting Solutions:
Commuting Solutions is dedicated to delivering innovative transportation options that connect commuters to their workplaces, businesses to their employees, and residents to their communities. Through advocacy for infrastructure and transportation improvements, partnerships and education, we create progressive, flexible transportation solutions.
Commuting Solutions is seeking an undergraduate student, graduate student, or entry-level professional preparing for a career in marketing, community outreach or transportation management to join our team as a fall intern. The ideal candidate will be asked to work 10-12 hours per week, with the exact schedule to be mutually decided upon.
The primary goal of the Commuting Solutions internship is to provide the individual with experience in day-to-day marketing and outreach activities and to assist with specific projects aimed to increase awareness of Commuting Solutions.
This is an outstanding entry level opportunity for candidates looking to enter the marketing, TDM or transportation sector. Compensation is $10 per hour, in addition to class credit.
Areas of Responsibility
- Schedule approved social media content
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with ad hoc social media posts
- Assist with developing social media graphics
- Assist with engaging with partners on social media channels
- Assist with drafting content for monthly newsletters
- Assist with developing blog content
- Assist with developing additional marketing materials, as needed
- Represent Commuting Solutions at public events in the community
- Organize exhibitor materials and supplies.
- Assist outreach staff with distributing program materials to the region
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Advanced writing skills
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive
- Strong computer skills required
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to communicate professionally with diverse audiences
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a writing sample by August 26 to Audrey DeBarros, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.