Group advises agency on FasTracks Plan and RTD strategies and initiatives
DENVER (April 26, 2017) – Residents of the eight-county Regional Transportation District (RTD) who are interested in public transit issues and community engagement are encouraged to apply for one of three vacancies on the RTD Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC).
The 17-member citizens group has advised the agency on its voter-approved FasTracks program for the past 10 years. Last year, the committee’s role was expanded to also advise RTD on its strategies and initiatives.
CAC members represent a wide variety of backgrounds, interests and professional experiences. The group’s public outreach meetings keep metro-area citizens informed of FasTracks progress and RTD programs and encourage input from local communities.
Individuals interested in applying for a position on the CAC should submit letters of interest to email@example.com. Letters should address the following:
- Explain why you want to serve on the committee and what unique experience and skill-set you will bring.
- Describe affiliations and volunteer activities you believe will add value to the committee.
- Statement of personal objectives/goals if accepted for CAC membership.
Please limit response to two (2) typed pages and feel free to attach a resume. Letters must be received by the close of business on May 12, 2017.
Appointments to the panel shall be made to ensure a broad representation of stakeholder interests, to achieve diversity and to provide geographical representation within the district.
Selection criteria will include, but not be limited to, residency within the RTD district; a demonstrated interest in public transit and the FasTracks program; previous community service; experience working with local jurisdictions on regional issues; and professional expertise.
The CAC’s role is to:
- Continue to monitor and provide input on the improvements for each corridor in the FasTracks Plan.
- Become familiar with the District’s strategic plan and long-term vision.
- Provide region-oriented advice to RTD regarding the implementation of the strategic plan, its strategies and initiatives.
- Represent the citizen perspective on behalf of a wide range of stakeholder interests and community organizations.
- Gather information from community members to share with the agency.
- Share information with community members to promote public awareness of the agency’s programs and projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the RTD Board of Directors.
For more information, contact Roger Sherman at 303-592-5465.
About the RTD Citizens Advisory Committee
The RTD Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) monitors and provides region-oriented advice on the FasTracks Plan and RTD’s strategic plan. It represents citizen and community perspectives on transit issues, and promotes public awareness of RTD’s programs, services and projects. The 17-member volunteer committee represents a cross-section of the region’s population and holds monthly work sessions.