Colorado 119 First and Final Mile Study
Why the First and Final Mile Matters
CO 119 is an essential regional corridor that provides an important connection between the City of Boulder and the City of Longmont and to a number of key destinations. Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and a regional bikeway are planned for the corridor.
The First and Final Mile gap is a barrier that discourages potential riders from using transit because a person’s beginning or ending trip cannot be easily and comfortably accessed from home, work or other destinations. This barrier can include trip distances, street network and design, a lack of available transportation options or other impediments.
First and Final Mile Study
The CO 119 First and Final Mile Study provides phased recommendations for safe and comfortable multimodal connections to existing and future transit stops/stations, as well as to a more direct future bikeway along CO 119. These recommendations consider how the stations areas vary across the corridor—by land use, transit user and trip types and the surrounding street network.
- Low-stress bicycle and pedestrian connections
- Way-finding signage
- Shared parking (Gunbarrel station only)
- Microtransit (Gunbarrel station only)
- Transportation Demand Management
- New programs
This study developed a plan to increase transit ridership by developing strategies to improve multi-modal connectivity and safety to the future Bus Rapid Transit stations along the corridor.
In The News
- Draft report looks at “First and Final Mile” solutions on Diagonal Highway
- Longmont Leader: Study for Diagonal Highway improvements set to be released in April
- Longmont Leader: Funding for Colo. 119 revamp could be in peril as RTD faces budget woes
- Longmont Times Call: City, county leaders talk plans to remodel Colo. 119 between Longmont, Boulder
- The Longmont Leader: Vision for Diagonal Highway remains, but funding still in progress due to COVID, other factors
- Longmont Times-Call: Colo. 119 project planners seek to learn how Boulder County residents get to transit options
- Daily Camera: Commuting Solutions to Host Town Hall about CO 119
- Daily Camera: Commuting Solutions Convenes Stakeholders in Kick Off SH 119 Membership Meeting