What is Bike Wednesday?
Help the environment, fit in a work out and have a chance to win cycling gear by signing up for Commuting Solutions’ new initiative, Bike Wednesday. From Longmont to Westminster and every community in between, we’re encouraging commuters to leave their car at home and zip past traffic on two wheels every Wednesday this summer. Bike Wednesday builds on the momentum generated by Bike to Work Day to encourage long-term commute behavior change.
Cycling for your commute is one of the easiest ways to fit a workout into a busy schedule, reduce traffic congestion and increase the air quality in our region. In fact, a four-mile bicycle trip can keep about 14 pounds of pollutants out of the air!
Get involved with Bike Wednesday with these simple steps:
- Create an Account. Log on to mywaytogo.org and create an account!
- Join the Network. After creating an account, join Commuting Solutions’ network.
- Map Your Route. Find your best ride using our Bike Northwest Map!
- Track Your Trips. Don’t forget to log your ride through the My Way To Go network!
- Win Cycling Gear. After logging two rides, email Jade Krueger at Jade@commutingsolutions.org and we’ll send you some Shimano gear!
We can’t wait to see you on the trails! If you have any questions about Bike Wednesday, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.