In 1998, Bill Clinton was president, the Broncos won the Super Bowl and Commuting Solutions was founded! Commuting Solutions is thrilled to announce that this year we are celebrating 20 years of advocacy, innovation and progress in the northwest metro region.
20th Birthday Bash
October 10 | 5 – 7 p.m.
Omni Interlocken Hotel
You are invited to our 20th Birthday Bash to help us celebrate two decades of partnership and progress. We’ll be toasting to our accomplishments and looking towards the next 20 years of advocating for commuter options in the northwest metro region!
Are you interested in being a Birthday Bash sponsor? Contact Rachel Setzke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A History of Commuting Solutions
1998: Formation of US 36 Transportation Management Organization
- Nonprofit organization found in 1998 with a mission to enhance mobility of commuters along the US 36 Corridor for today and the future
- The transportation demand management organization for the US 36 Corridor (at this point, Westminster to Boulder)
1999: US 36 Mayors & Commissioners Coalition Is Formed
- Initially formed to influence the US 36 Major Investment Study
- Included elected officials from US 36 corridor jurisdictions from Westminster to Boulder
- Supported by staff from each jurisdiction who work as the US 36 Staff Team
- The Executive Director for Commuting Solutions is also part of the staff team
- First working arrangement of its kind at the time
- The US 36 MCC meets monthly to advocate for transportation public policy and identify funding for the Northwest Area Mobility Study at a regional, state and federal level
- Together with the TMO, a nationally recognized public and private sector collaboration
2002: Environmental Impact Study Begins
- US 36 Environmental Impact Study begins
2004: RTD FasTracks On the Ballot
- Advocated for passage of Denver Region Mass Transit expansion ballot issue
2012: Construction Begins
- After years of advocating for US 36, construction begins in July 2012 for the US 36 Express Lanes Project
2013: Northwest Area Mobility Study (NAMS) Completed
- The Northwest Area Mobility Study is approved by the RTD Board of Directors to build political consensus for short, near and long-term transit improvements in the northwest metro region.
2014: US 36 Congestion Mitigation Program
- Commuting Solutions spearheads a behavior change initiative known as the US 36 Congestion Mitigation Program to help commuters navigate construction and introduce them to new forms of transportation including bus rapid transit, carpool, bicycling and vanpool.
2015: US 36 First & Final Mile
- The US 36 First & Final Mile Study is completed and defines ten corridor-wide recommendations for increasing mobility and connectivity between communities.
2016: Big Changes For Commuting Solutions
- 36 Commuting Solutions changes its name to Commuting Solutions and expands its geographic service areas to the northwest metro region.
- Revises mission statement to be: We connect people to places in the northwest metro region today and for the future.
2017: Introducing the Flatiron Flyer
- January: US 36 Express Lanes Project is completed to Boulder
- Flatiron Flyer Bus Rapid Transit Service Begins
- First 7 miles of B-Line service to Westminster opens
- Concludes US 36 Congestion Mitigation Program
- ACT 2015 Marketing and Outreach Partnership Award
- Superior Chamber of Commerce 2015 Independent Business of the Year
- ACT 2013 Outstanding TMA
- ACT 2018 Excellence in Advocacy Award