The Regional Transportation District’s (RTD) EcoPass program is an annual prepaid transit pass purchased by an employer for employees that provides unlimited usage of RTD services. It is the most cost-effective RTD program available for businesses. EcoPasses are equivalent to a regional regular pass. EcoPass holders are entitled to unlimited rides on RTD transit services including any local or regional bus or rail, Boulder’s Community Transit Network: HOP, SKIP, JUMP, BOUND, DASE, STAMPEDE and BOLT, Skyride bus service to DEN, “N” bus to Eldor Mountain Ski Resort, and FlexRide.
With EcoPass Everyone Benefits
- Reduce payroll taxes
- Recruitment and retention tool
- Enhance morale and productivity
- Flexible enrollment options:
- Employer paid, employee paid, or shared cost
- Unlimited rides on buses and trains at any time
- Reduces commuting and parking costs
- Safe and reliable commuting options for work or leisure
- Uses pre-tax dollars
Early this year, RTD completed a systemwide Fare Study and Equity Analysis, and passed a new, simplified fare structure as a result. As part of the new fare structure for 2024, RTD has released a new EcoPass pricing matrix. This is great news for businesses and commuters!
The price of the individual organization/companies EcoPass contract is based on the following criteria:
- The total number of employees on your company’s official payroll register
- Physical address of the company where the employees work and availability of transit services near the company location
- The price of the program is based on pricing matrix that is provided and approved by upper management and the RTD Board of Directors with 3 different Service Level Areas (SLA).
- If the per-person rate for your SLA multiplied by your headcount is less than the contract minimum rate then the contract minimum rate will apply.
- All EcoPass contracts are calendar year and will expire on December 31
- RTD will pro-rate EcoPass contracts started after January 1. The contract minimum will still apply.
2024/2025 EcoPass Pricing
|Service Level Area (SLA)||Contract Minimum||Annual Per Person Cost|
In an effort to expand business participation in the RTD EcoPass program and increase transit ridership, Boulder County offers a 60% discount off of the first year contract, and 30% discount on the second year contract. This is a significant benefit for Boulder County employers.
The City of Boulder will will provide a reimbursable discount of up to 50% for a company’s first year of a new EcoPass contract and a 25% reimbursement for the second year.
Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program
What if I take the bus to work and an emergency comes up… what do I do?
Way to Go has a solution. The Guaranteed Ride Home® provides a free taxi ride home from the office for employees who have an emergency arise (whether it’s a mere unexpected schedule change or a sick child). So, don’t let fear of the unknown keep you from exploring new ways to commute to work. Get out there and find the alternative that works best for you!
For a minimal one-time fee of $3.00 per employee for Metro Denver/Boulder Employers, per year or $5.00 per employee for Airport Employers (DEN) per year or prorated fee based on the month your contract begins.
For more information about EcoPass or the Guaranteed Ride Home program contact Marisa Kaplita at firstname.lastname@example.org.