36 Prize Riders is an 8-week challenge to commute U.S. 36 between Denver and Boulder by riding the bus to and from work. For more information, visit the program page!
Thank you Workplace Ambassadors for participating in our May 25, bike-centric meeting! Here are the meeting minutes, the WhiteWave Foods Values in Action presentation, the Boulder B-Cycle presentation, and the presentation on how to Beef Up Your Stats for Bike to Work Day!Bike to Work Day is June 22! Promote participation within your workplace with these great ideas (recommended by members):
- Provide towels to participants who bike in!
- Allow employees to dress down on Bike to Work Day (encourage employees to wear the Bike to Work Day T-shirt!).
- Issue punch cards to employees with a challenge to eliminate all the punches during the month of June (Colorado Bike Month). For instance, bike 6 times to work in June and win small prizes, or a chance to win a big prize. There can be double punch days, or new bike commuters can start with a free punch.
- In June before Bike to Work Day, invite a local bike shop to do free or low-cost bike tune-ups at your workplace. Combine this with a table focused on route-planning to fully equip all participants for the big day!
- Offer wellness incentive points for participation in Bike to Work Day.
Awesome Ambassador Award
At the May 25 meeting, Commuting Solutions unveiled a new way to support sustainable commuting: the Awesome Ambassador Award! At each meeting an Awesome Ambassador is recognized for demonstrated commitment to promoting sustainable commute options in the workplace. Awesome Ambassadors are models for the group, and other Workplace Ambassadors can apply the lessons they have learned and successes they have achieved to their own workplace. To learn more, or to apply for a $100 mini-grant for your workplace, contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank you Workplace Ambassadors that participated in our March 23 meeting focused on transit!
Here are materials from the meeting: