Starting in late October/early November, the US 36 Bikeway will be closed between West 92nd Avenue and West 88th Avenue to accommodate construction.
There will be a local detour during the duration of the construction through early 2023.
The Sheridan Underpass, also known as the Sheridan Boulevard Multimodal Transportation Improvement (MTI) Project, is a federal-aid transportation project with oversight from the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT). The project will provide improvements for all modes of transportation for the highly utilized corridor.
The project includes:
- Installation of a pre-cast concrete arch underpass
- A new US 36 bikeway underpass connecting Downtown Westminster to the RTD US 36 & Sheridan Station parking lot near Sheridan Boulevard and 88th Avenue
- New traffic signals at the West 88th Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard intersection
- Widening Sheridan Boulevard to six-lane facility from Turnpike Drive to West 88th Place
- Patterned concrete medians
- Street and pedestrian lights
- ADA ramps
- Storm sewer drainage improvements
Its anticipated construction will start in November and be completed in 2023.
For more information on the project, visit the City of Westminster’s project webpage