Commuting Solutions is a 501c(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to delivering innovative transportation options that connect commuters to their workplaces, businesses to their employees, and residents to their communities. Through advocacy for infrastructure and transportation improvements, partnerships and education, we create progressive, flexible transportation solutions for employers, employees and residents in the northwest metro region.
Marketing & Outreach Assistant
Commuting Solutions is seeking an enthusiastic professional passionate about sustainable transportation. Are you preparing for a career in marketing or community outreach? Intrigued by the transportation demand management industry? Join our team as the Marketing & Outreach Assistant. This is a full-time position that reports to the Executive Director.
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates looking for hands-on experience with marketing communications, program management and public policy.
Areas of Responsibility
- Draft social media copy and create digital assets Schedule approved social media content
- Implement and track success of social media strategy.
- Content Creation Draft content for monthly and quarterly e-newsletters Develop blog content
- Draft press releases, media alerts and editorial content Assist with developing additional marketing materials, as needed Maintain databases.
- Support strategy and implementation of event marketing campaigns
- Participate in the annual sponsorship recruitment process, working collaboratively with other
- Represent Commuting Solutions at public and employer events in our local region
- Organize exhibitor materials and supplies
- Support the creation of program materials and program surveys
- Support the implementation of tactics to reduce traffic congestion among employers.
- Maintains the organization’s Salesforce database, My Way to Go administration
- Complete grant reporting and employer outreach tracking reports
- Assist the Executive Director, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications, Journalism or a related field
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Knowledge of marketing communications strategies
- Knowledge of Sales Force or other CRM
- MS Office Suite proficient
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to communicate professionally with
- Knowledge of Adobe Create Suites a plus
- Position responsibilities could change based upon organizational needs
- Available to staff occasional early morning/evening meetings, weekend events, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for business use (work-related mileage
Salary and Employee Benefits
Commuting Solutions provide a competitive salary commensurate with experience and
education. We provide 100% coverage of health, dental and vision insurance, flexible work
schedule, 401K match, transit benefit and opportunity to telework.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.