Commuting Solutions works in partnership with a regional network of eight Transportation Management Organizations (TMOs) throughout the Denver metro area and the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) through the Way to Go program. Way to Go’s mission is to reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality and make life better for the region’s residents.
The strength of a TMO lies in its ability to bring together multiple organizations and individuals to holistically address and accomplish more than any one government agency, employer, developer or resident can. Activities range from providing public education about transportation options to taking an active role in site-design elements that effectively impact travel demand.
Regional Transportation Management Organizations
Boulder Transportation Connections
Boulder Transportation Connections (BTC) was formed in 2004. In support of the City of Boulder’s Transportation Master Plan, BTC provides Transportation Demand Management (TDM) services, information and advocacy to improve access to employment centers, while reducing traffic congestion and air pollution.
Downtown Denver Transportation Management Association
The Downtown Denver Transportation Management Assocation (DDTMA) was established by the Downtown Denver Partnership in 1995 in response to growing concerns among downtown businesses and visitors on issues relating to air quality, mobility and access into and around downtown. The DDTMA was designed to develop and implement cost-effective programs that improve access, mobility and parking options for Downtown constituents, at the same time reducing traffic congestion and protecting air quality.
Denver South Economic Development Partnership
The Denver South Economic Development Partnership is an organization with one simple, overarching goal in mind: to make sure that the transportation system works hard for everyone who lives and works along the South I-25 Urban Corridor. Denver South EDP strives to monitor transportation demands to ensure new light rail lines will consistently deliver convenient, effective and high-quality services to businesses located throughout this corridor. Denver South EDP is your continuous conduit to a wealth of transportation information.
Northeast Transportation Connections
Northeast Transportation Connections was created to promote the use of alternatives to driving solo within and around the developing Stapleton area. The organization creates, promotes and supports transportation options for residents, commuters, students and visitors in and around the Stapleton community.
Transportation Solutions is focused on issues in the Cherry Creek and Glendale areas, as well as the Colorado and University Boulevard corridors. Founded in 1997, Transportation Solutions works to foster a balanced transportation system in the area where people can use a variety of modes to get around.
Smart Commute Metro North
Smart Commute Metro North is a Transportation Management Organization founded in May 2012 by the twelve jurisdictions that are part of the North Area Transportation Alliance known as NATA. Smart Commute Metro North’s service is focused on the I-25 corridor north of I-70, but our interest and efforts include CO-7, US-85 and FasTracks North Metro Rail corridor.
Smart Commute Metro North works with communities and businesses to promote transportation options and improvements, foster economic vitality and enhance mobility in the metro north region. Smart Commute provides Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies with information and programs for commuting options like ridesharing and transit, and works with employers interested in providing teleworking and compressed work week programs.
- Bicycle Colorado - Statewide bicycle advocacy organization.
- Colorado Association of Transit Agencies (CASTA) - Clearinghouse of information on Colorado transit issues.
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) - Supervises road construction, maintenance, and weather-related closures, and promotes recreation, tourism, and transportation safety.
- Colorado Environmental Coalition - The largest state-based citizens' group committed to conserving clean air, water and open spaces.
- Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) - A nonprofit association of 52 local governments, dedicated to making the nine-county Denver region a great place to live, work and play.
- Colorado Car Share - Car sharing network for the Denver-Boulder region.
- North Front Range Metropolitan Planning Organization (NFRMPO)- The transportation and air quality planning agency for portions of Larimer and Weld counties in northern Colorado
- Regional Air Quality Council (RAQC) - The lead air quality planning agency for the Denver metro area.
- Regional Transportation District (RTD) - The Denver-Boulder regional transit organization, providing a variety of services to metro area residents, including bus, light rail, Call-n-Ride and Park-n-Ride.
- Association for Commuter Transportation (ACT) - An international membership organization for transportation professionals that works to advance the effectiveness of transportation systems through networking, educational events, professional development and government relations.
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) - provides stewardship over the construction, maintenance and preservation of the Nation’s highways, bridges and tunnels
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) - One of 10 modal administrations within the U.S. Department of Transportation, this agency administers federal funding to support a variety of locally planned, constructed, and operated public transportation systems throughout the U.S., including buses, subways, light rail, commuter rail, streetcars, monorail, passenger ferry boats, inclined railways and others.
- Public Transportation - This website, managed by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), is designed to better inform the public about the benefits and importance of public transportation for all Americans.
Regional Commuting Options
- Regional Transit District (RTD) - Operates the public transit system for the Denver metro area. Their website includes information on how to use public transit, schedules, fare information, trip planning and more.
- FasTracks - RTD's voter-approved program to build 119 miles of new commuter rail and light rail, 18 miles of bus rapid transit, 21,000 new parking spaces, redevelop Denver Union Station and expand bus service throughout the eight county RTD district.
- FLEX - FLEX connects Fort Collins, Loveland, Berthoud to Longmont and Boulder County.
- My Way to Go - Denver-area resource for carpool matching, vanpools, telework programs, SchoolPool, Guaranteed Ride Home and Bike to Work Day.
- VanGo Vanpools - Transportation choices for Colorado's North Front Range.
- Commute With Enterprise - Vanpool and rideshare services for individuals, employers and government agencies.