Marketing and Community Outreach Intern
About Commuting Solutions:
Commuting Solutions is dedicated to delivering innovative transportation options that connect commuters to their workplaces, businesses to their employees, and residents to their communities. Through advocacy for infrastructure and transportation improvements, partnerships and education, we create progressive, flexible transportation solutions.
Commuting Solutions is seeking an undergraduate student, graduate student, or entry-level professional preparing for a career in marketing, community outreach or transportation management to join our team as a fall intern. The ideal candidate will be asked to work 10-12 hours per week, with the exact schedule to be mutually decided upon.
The primary goal of the Commuting Solutions internship is to provide the individual with experience in day-to-day marketing and outreach activities and to assist with specific projects aimed to increase awareness of Commuting Solutions.
This is an outstanding entry level opportunity for candidates looking to enter the marketing, TDM or transportation sector. Compensation is $10 per hour, in addition to class credit.
Areas of Responsibility
- Draft engaging and compelling social media content for Commuting Solutions’ Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages
- Schedule approved social media content
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with ad hoc social media posts
- Assist with developing social media graphics
- Assist with drafting content for monthly and quarterly newsletters
- Assist with developing blog content
- Draft press releases, media alerts, and editorial content
- Assist with developing additional marketing materials, as needed
- Maintain databases in Constant Contact
- Assist marketing coordinator in implementing event marketing campaigns
- Work with marketing coordinator to develop new ideas to increase attendance and awareness of Commuting Solutions’ signature events
- Represent Commuting Solutions at public events in the community
- Organize exhibitor materials and supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred
- Advanced writing skills
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive
- Strong computer skills required
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability and desire to work independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to communicate professionally with diverse audiences
- Knowledge of Adobe Create Suites a plus
Please submit cover letter, resume, and a writing sample by Friday, August 11 to Taylor Broderick, marketing coordinator at email@example.com.