Transit: A Stress-Free Commute
Why Take Transit?
Public transit is the most efficient way to move thousands of people on a day-to-day basis and is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to travel. Individuals who take transit experience the benefit of letting someone else do the driving so they can focus on relaxing or an activity that they normally do not have time for. When you let someone else take the wheel, you save money and reserve time to focus on what is important to you.
The Regional Transportation District (RTD) provides bus, light rail and commuter rail service throughout the Denver metro area. With over 10,000 stops and six stations along US 36, RTD has a ride to get you where you want to go. Get started with transit in three easy steps:
- Plan Your Trip – Use RTD’s trip planner to find the route that best works for you. Simply enter your start point, end point and time of day you want to travel. From there, you can sort by your preferred amount of walking and which route has the fewest transfers.
- Pay Your Fare – Some employers offer their employees EcoPasses, a RTD pass that provides unlimited use of rail and bus travel (not valid on special services). If you do not have an EcoPass, you will need to explore options for paying for your transit trip. RTD offers a variety of fare structures designed to meet customers’ evolving needs.
- Ride – Now that you have your trip details and fare, all you need to do is hop on board and enjoy a stress-free commute! All RTD buses are wheelchair accessible and equipped with bike racks.
Connecting Your Trip With Call-n-Ride
RTD’s Call-n-Ride is a call-ahead, on-demand service providing curb-to-curb transportation within designated service areas. This service complements fixed bus routes to help riders complete trips between RTD stations and their final destinations, and can even be used to travel between destinations within the service area. The one-way cost is $2.60 (regular) or $1.30 (discount) and is free for those transferring from another RTD service.
- Broomfield Call-n-Ride 303-434-8989
- Interlocken/Westmoor Call-n-Ride 303-434-8990
- Louisville Call-n-Ride 303-434-8960
- Superior Call-n-Ride 720-645-5128
For more information, please contact RTD at www.rtd-denver.com or call 303-299-6000